Monday, March 24, 2014

My Letter to Common Counsel

After dealing with lawyer after lawyer I was instructed to write a letter to Common Counsel. I did this. I sent it and it was received February 4th (signed for by the City). Here it is ... Attention Common Counsel: I pray for Gods favor as you read this it's softens your heart & that you listen with an open heart & mind. Then you take action to do the right thing and give us our land for $1. I bought a home in 2005 that was grossly misrepresented to my husband & I. I'm sure by now you all already know who we are and if you don't than I'm a little shocked. Just being honest. I asked for help in 2009. I am asking for help today and even if you don't like my husband I'm asking you is it justified to punish my children and keep them from having a better life based on that fact? If the City chooses to not sell my land back that it mistakenly purchased for $1 in 1970, that houses my septic, than I am forced into a position of not being able to sell my home. My home should have never have been sold to me under these circumstances and I will not be able to pursue my family's dream of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as we were promised by the Constitution and the City of Danbury will be the direct and only cause of that fact. I was sued after asking for help. I forgive those involved with this intentional and callus action. I was sued for property that does not in fact belong to the City. I was secondly sued for "a driveway" that according to the legal definition is in fact not a driveway. I am simply asking you to honor the oath you take as an elected official to imagine that someone was doing this to your daughters and mother. Would you not react in anger. Jesse James lost his mind over it..Taking someone's land has been the cause of wars & destruction of society's so you can imagine the emotional pain it's cause us. If your experience was to find so much happiness and Joy that you found your dream home, started a family and then you worked ALL your life to get to a position that you earned with your sweat and hard work.....To find out that because someone is judging you for things that you did in your past but changed your life around and became the person society demands you to be....yet you get punished repeatedly for doing all the right things. Put yourself for a moment in those shoes. For those of you who have done things that you regret and cannot take back then you are human just like my husband. I on the other hand have never as much gotten a speeding ticket. I do not take the loose candy in the store and I am a Christian woman who believes that people deserve second chances in life, that's why I married my husband. I am a small business owner and I give back to the community. My children are seven and three. They no longer sleep alone because they are afraid. We are all in therapy for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder due to the direct actions of the people involved in trying to force us to leave our home & yet also forcing us to NOT be able to move. My seven year old draws pictures in therapy of my husband in hand cuffs with tears streaming down his face. I cannot achieve a better life for my family because I cannot sell my home. By law it says, by Adverse possession the land belongs to me. Property Owned in Proprietary Capacity (3 Am Jur 2d Adverse Possession § 271) Some jurisdictions distinguish between property that is held in a governmental capacity and that which is owned by a governmental unit in its proprietary capacity. In these jurisdictions, the general rule is that land or property of a municipality that is not held for a public use, but is held in a proprietary or business capacity, may be acquired by adverse possession, unless there is a statute that establishes a different rule. There is no purpose for The City to possess ownership over the land. It's my yard where my children play. My fence was forced to be taken down and if either one of my children go after a ball or fall in the wrong way, they can be seriously hurt or killed by a speeding car. In fact, if the City continues to claim possession of the land and decides that it wants to keep claiming possession that I'm forced to stay in an unhealthy environment for my children and my sanity. This land is not a right-of-way and has never been and could never be. It's a yard that belongs to a family and has always belonged to a family. The septic has been in the land since 1945, pre-existing non-conforming and has been in there since. In the zip code 06811, there isn't even running City Water, so the perspective of "widening the road", let's face it, it's not going to happen. Putting politics to the side, the City has no need for my yard where my kids play or my septic system. Even with a "land use agreement". I cannot sell my home. There is no common sense reason to claim possession of the land for The City. In fact it's financially more beneficial to get the property tax money on the land for eternity that it is now not collecting. What I'm asking is, What do you plan on doing to make this right for my family, for a seven & three year old girl who are crammed in a 9x11 bedroom, with neighbors who frighten them. My three year old got in an elevator with an officer and began shaking, she then had an accident in her pants & she's potty trained for some time. Please even if you cannot forgive or just choose the side of the person you think is a "nice guy" because you see them everyday, or they smile at you at the water cooler. I forgive that because my God told me that's what I'm supposed to do as a human being. I am asking you to have Mercy on my innocent children. My husband & my only goal is to have a better life for our children. That is why we moved to this neighborhood. We have earned the right to live here too. My husband is a good Christian man, he tried in a wrong way to defend his family when they were attacked for no reason. If you were in his shoes would you try to verbally defend your family. What if you are arrested based on your past & not real events. How would you feel then? Would you lash out, get angry, curse at the people lying about you. Would it be right? Would it be justified? I encourage you to come meet me. Take a look for yourself, with your own eyes at what has been taken from my children. Please give us our land back for $1. What are going to do to make it right for a family? Sincerely, Hollene Gohn

No comments: